- May 3 — Contradance
- Rodney Miller, Max Newman, Stuart Kenney, aka The Stringrays, and Will Mentor calling. Need we say more? See also our dance page.
- May Day in Shepherdstown
Saturday, May 3, 2014
- See the May Day pages for more information!
- June, July, August — No dances
- A reminder that we will be on vacation over the summer. Dances will resume in September.
- Border Morris Workshops
4 Tuesdays: March 18, 25 & April 1, 8
- Learn 4 English Border Morris dances and perform them on May Day! This class is a short "no long term commitment" way to experience the fun and exuberance of this high-energy performance dance from the West of England. Think of it like "Folk Aerobics," but you get to share what you've learned with the community. No experience necessary. Clean soft-soled shoes (like sneakers) are recommended. $25 for all four sessions. At the Shepherdstown Train Station, Tuesdays from 6:30-8PM. Those who find they do not want to quit may be asked to join the Shepherdstown Morris team on a long term basis, but that is not a requirement of this workshop. For more information call Joanie Blanton (304) 263-2531 or Terry Tucker (304) 876-3552 or visit our site.
- Music Weekends for All
- If you are a musician, whether newly-minted or experienced, our music weekends offer the opportunity to learn from many of our concert series performers. Visit the Upper Potomac Music Weekends site for details. Plans are in the works for the upcoming season. Please check out the site.